At ARG we design for the present as well as preserve the past. We work in a wide variety of sectors and building types including multi-family, hospitality, national and state parks, cultural and performing arts, higher education, and civic projects. We design new buildings in sensitive historic contexts, and work in the adaptive reuse and preservation of older ones. These buildings can be tied to a particular place and time, culture, or significant events and their reuse plays a key role in creating vibrant, sustainable, and contemporary places that contribute greatly to the built environment. In our practice, the past informs the present and sometimes suggests the future.
We are looking for a talented Intermediate Designer to join our dynamic and collaborative office in San Francisco or Sacramento. The Salary Range is commensurate with experience.
What you will do:
- Work in all project phases. There are opportunities to work continuously on one project, or multiple projects
- Collaborate with design teams, clients, consultants, and contractors
- Create Revit models, and design and construction drawings
- Work independently on some projects with senior supervision
- Multi-task on several projects at once, while doing good work
- Communicate and coordinate with colleagues, consultants, and clients
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- 5 plus years’ experience in architectural practice is preferred.
- Strong design skills
- Able to implement design concepts, organize presentations,
- Prepare design and construction documents
- Cares about Sustainable Design
- Skilled in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe, SketchUp and MS Office
- Team player and creative problem solver
- Interest in working on existing building projects
ARG supports and encourages staff development, including AXP and support for taking the ARE. ARG offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, disability, 401k plan and PTO. ARG is a majority women-owned business and an equal opportunity employer.
You must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. Submit your resume and work samples to careers@ARGcreate.com (Include “SF/SAC Intermediate Designer” in the email subject line).