Planning Group Director
Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is an award winning, nationally recognized architecture, planning, and conservation firm specializing in work on existing and historically significant buildings and places. Preservation planning is a core element of ARG’s practice. ARG’s Planning & History Group comprises planners and historians who meet The Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in multiple disciplines. The group has varied interests and areas of specialization in the fields of history, architectural history, historic preservation, cultural resource management, cultural landscapes, community planning, architecture, environmental compliance, and urban design. Summaries of some of ARG’s planning projects can be viewed at: https://www.argcreate.com/services/planning/.
ARG is seeking a talented, collaborative, and well-rounded Planning Group Director for a position of leadership in our San Francisco office. The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional who meets the following criteria:
- Possesses a minimum of 20 years of experience in the assessment and management of historic resources, including at least 10 years in a leadership role;
- Is deeply rooted in the historic preservation community, with demonstrated interest in the historic built environment;
- Is well-versed in regulations pertaining to historic resources, including the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act;
- Has a proven track record of successfully managing preservation planning projects of varying sizes and types;
- Is self-motivated and able to foster a positive and collaborative team environment;
- Has experience managing and mentoring staff;
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills, including graphic, oral and written communications, and is adept at presenting project findings in public settings;
- Has a proven track record with business development, including relationship building, tracking opportunities, and winning work;
- Is adept at managing project scopes, schedules and budgets;
- Is proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Is a creative problem solver who enjoys working on a diverse range of exciting projects.
- Familiarity with City and County of San Francisco historic resource policies and procedures is a plus.
ARG’s San Francisco office is a collaborative, dynamic group that supports and encourages staff development and values the individual contributions of each employee.
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter (including salary requirements and availability), detailed resume, three professional references, and a writing sample to email@example.com, with “Planning Group Director” in the email subject line.)
ARG is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.