Billing Manager Job Description
Architectural Resources Group is a full-service architectural practice with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Portland, OR. ARG provides a wide range of specialized architectural, material conservation, and planning services for rehabilitation, adaptive re-use, and new design of culturally sensitive properties.
ARG seeks an experienced Billing Manager for a full-time, exempt position. The Billing Manager will work closely with Project Managers to enter consultant invoices and issue client invoices monthly. They will communicate with clients regularly by sending invoices to clients, answering client questions or providing additional requested documentation, and contacting clients regarding unpaid or skipped invoices. Our ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and experience in monthly invoicing and collections. Reporting to the Controller, this is a crucial role in a small team of three people that handles all accounting and most HR requests for all three offices. This is a fast-moving position with many moving parts; this role includes client communications via phone and email. Therefore, the applicant should be a problem-solver, have an immense attention to detail, ability to think critically, and communicate clearly and professionally. The ability to work proactively, learn quickly, and ask questions is essential in this position.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Enter consultant invoices in preparation of client billing
- Work with Project Managers to accurately prepare and finalize invoices (~150 invoices/month)
- Prepare and send invoices to clients:
- Prepare and include required documentation, reports, and/or back-up
- Send invoices via mail, email, or upload via various required websites
- Client communications:
- Sending client invoices and answering questions/providing additional information
- Monthly collections calls – contact clients regarding unpaid invoices
- Extensive work within accounting software, Ajera, to set-up projects and run various reports
- WIP management
- Project profitability analysis with Project Managers
- Month-end journal entries and reconciliations
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare WIP evaluations against contracts for each project
- Manage and obtain Certificates of Insurance
- Assist and prepare client and consultant contracts
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Assist with various other accounting, HR, and administrative tasks as needed
- Offer coverage of other accounting staff while on vacation
- 5+ years experience as a Billing Manger, Accounting Manager, or Project Accountant
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Strong technology skills including MS Office Suite
- Ability to work with .pdfs, preferably using Bluebeam
- Project accounting experience is essential, preferably for an architectural or engineering firm
- Accounting/project management software experience, preferably with Deltek Ajera
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable experience
- Ability to work independently and be self-managing
- Must have excellent attention to details, be dependable, conscientious, focused, and organized
- Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting degree preferred
- Must pass credit-check
Compensation: Compensation will depend on experience, qualifications, location, and education. The annual pay range for this position for a Bay Area-based applicant is between $80,000 to $85,000.
Applicants must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. ARG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and detailed resume to email@example.com (include “ARG SF Employment” in the subject line). No calls please.