Junior Designer – Los Angeles
At ARG we design for the present as well as preserve the past. We work in a wide variety of sectors and building types including multi-family, hospitality, national and state parks, cultural and performing arts, higher education and civic projects. We design new buildings in sensitive historic contexts, and work in the preservation and conservation of older ones. These buildings can be tied to a particular place and time, culture, architectural movement, or significant events. In our practice, the past informs the present and sometimes suggests the future, and we see the how people’s past lives, ambitions and innovations come alive in the present and are captured and held in the buildings we work to preserve.
We are looking for a talented Junior Designer to join our dynamic and collaborative Los Angeles office. The Salary Range is $50,000 – $60,000.
What you will do:
- Work in all project phases. There are opportunities to work continuously on one project, or multiple projects
- Collaborate with design teams, clients, consultants, and contractors
- Create Revit models, and design and construction drawings
- Work independently on some projects with senior supervision
- Multi-task on several projects at once, while doing good work
- Communicate and coordinate with colleagues, consultants and clients
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Architecture from an accredited school
- Recent grad, or up to 3 years’ experience in architectural practice is preferred
- Strong design skills
- Able to implement design concepts, organize presentations,
- Prepare design and construction documents
- Cares about Sustainable Design
- Skilled in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe, SketchUp and MS Office
- Team player and creative problem solver
- Interest in working on existing building projects
ARG supports and encourages staff development, including AXP and support for taking the ARE.
You must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. Submit your resume and work samples to careers@ARGcreate.com (Include “ARG Los Angeles Employment” in the email subject line).
ARG is a Women-Owned Business and an Equal Opportunity Employer.