Junior Designer – Los Angeles
Architectural Resources Group (ARG) is an award winning, nationally recognized architectural firm specializing in adaptive reuse, new construction in sensitive settings, preservation, planning, and conservation of culturally and historically significant buildings and sites. ARG works on a wide range of projects including hospitality, parks, cultural, residential, educational, and civic design. ARG has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Portland, Oregon.
ARG is seeking a talented, well-rounded Junior Designer to contribute to our collaborative studio in our Los Angeles office. The ideal candidate has a commitment to design excellence, a love for historic buildings, and an interest in working on all phases of architectural projects.
The ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree from an accredited school of Architecture;
- Demonstrated interest in historic preservation and adaptive reuse;
- Strong design skills and able to implement design concepts, organize presentations, and prepare design and construction documents;
- Able to assume primary responsibility for small projects with senior supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently, while maintaining quality of work;
- Excels at communication with clients and colleagues and is excited to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated interest in Sustainable Design;
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Is a team player and contributes to a positive and effective work environment; and
- Is a creative problem solver who enjoys working on a diverse range of exciting projects.
ARG’s practice is centered on the belief that the reuse of existing buildings plays a key role in creating dynamic, vibrant, sustainable and contemporary places. ARG supports and encourages staff development, including AXP and the ARE, and values the individual contributions of each employee.
Candidates must be a US citizen or hold a US work visa. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, detailed resume and work samples to careers@ARGcreate.com (Include “ARG Los Angeles Employment” in the email subject line).
ARG is a Women-Owned Business and an Equal Opportunity Employer.